West End star Nadim Naaman has announced further details for his second album and revealed plans for an album launch concert.
Entitled Sides, Naaman's new album will be released with independent label Auburn Jam Records on 20th June 2016.
There are collaborations on the album with: Rob Houchen (Titanic/Les Mis), Eva Noblezada (Miss Saigon/Les Mis), Jeremy Secomb (Sweeney Todd/Les Mis), Celinde Schoenmaker (Phantom/Les Mis) and Laura Tebbutt (Forbidden Broadway/Love Me Tender). Sides will also feature a bonus track of the previously released ‘A Soldier’s Christmas’, written by Naaman and performed with former Phantom Gerónimo Rauch.
The album launch concert takes place at the Hippodrome on Sunday 19th June 2016 at 3pm. Naaman will be joined by an 8-piece band led by musical director, and the album’s producer, Joe Davison with special guests including Rob Houchen, Jeremy Secomb, Celinde Schoenmaker, Laura Tebbutt and Will Barratt.
Sides is a double-length album featuring nine original self-penned songs and nine musical theatre numbers from writers and shows which have shaped and influenced Naaman's career so far. Check out the track-listing below:
1. Blinded By Fire
2. This’ll Be The Year
4. Something Out Of Reach
5. Here I Am - feat. Jeremy Secomb
6. I Want More
7. Falling - feat. Laura Tebbutt
8. Learn To Say Goodbye
9. Marry Me
10. One, Two, Three from The Fix (John Dempsey & Dana P. Rowe)
11. The Proposal/The Night Was Alive from Titanic (Maury Yeston) – feat. Rob Houchen
12. What Is It About Her? from The Wild Party (Andrew Lippa)
13. Moving Too Fast from The Last Five Years (Jason Robert Brown)
14. Funny from City of Angels (Cy Coleman & David Zippel)
15. Out There from The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Alan Menken & Stephen Schwartz)
16. Goodbye/Boom Boom from Elegies (William Finn) – feat. Eva Noblezada
17. Fight The Fight from From Here To Eternity (Stuart Brayson & Tim Rice)
18. The Phantom of the Opera from The Phantom of the Opera (Andrew Lloyd Webber, Charles Hart & Richard Stilgoe) – feat. Celinde Schoenmaker
A Soldier’s Christmas – written by Nadim & featuring Gerónimo Rauch.
A limited run of physical CD copies of Sides will be released, which can be pre-ordered now from Auburn Jam Records. Sides will be available for download via all major online retailers from 20th June. Tickets for the album launch concert are on sale now.
Naaman is currently starring as Raoul in the West End production of The Phantom of the Opera, a role he previously understudied. His credits also include: Titanic (Toronto/Southwark Playhouse), Sweeney Todd (Harrington’s Pie & Mash Shop), One Man Two Guvnors (West End), The Sound of Music (West End), Chess (Union), Marguerite (Tabard), Thirteen Days (Arcola), Knight Crew (Glyndebourne), James and The Giant Peach (Watermill) and The Last Five Years (Pleasance).
Check out pics from the recording studio blow (click image to enlarge):