It has been revealed that open auditions will be held for the Lyric Hammersmith's new production of Bugsy Malone on Sunday 26th October 2014.
An open casting call on the theatre's website reads: "Are you aged 9-15 years? Do you live in London? Can you dance, sing AND act? We are holding an Open Casting Day on Sunday 26 October. As a part of our search for the children who will play the roles of Bugsy, Tallulah, Blousey, Fizzy, Fat Sam, Dandy Dan and Lena, we want to hear from you!"
- Audition places are limited and subject to availability. A reserve list will be kept once the limit is reached.
- Please only register one child per email.
- Sunday 26th October is the only Open Casting Day. All children wishing to audition through the Open Casting must be available on Sunday 26th October 2014 and must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of the day.
- Children should live within commutable distance [maximum 20 miles] from the Lyric Hammersmith.
- The creative team will send confirmations of an audition slot in reply to registration emails. Please do not turn up to auditions without having received this email as you will not be seen.
Visit www.lyric.co.uk for further information.
Bugsy Malone will run at the Lyric Hammersmith from 11th April 2015, marking the UK’s first professional stage production of the musical in over a decade. The production also marks the reopening of the Lyric Hammersmith following redevelopment work.
Bugsy Malone will be directed by the Lyric Hammersmith's Artistic Director Sean Holmeswith choreography by Drew McOnie, design by Jon Bausor and musical direction by Phil Bateman.